At the age of 15 Sarah commenced training in the City and Guides commercial cookery certificate at a well respected culinary institute in the centre of England. She worked hard during her 3 years of training fulltime at the institute and on weekends to make a living. She obtained the college’s award for excellence by achieving the highest results for her subjects. Following her training, Sarah planned to work overseas and after completing her course moved to the Channel Islands off of France.
Within a very short space of time, she found herself second in charge at Government house in Jersey employed by the Queen and his Excellency the lieutenant governor of Jersey to cater for the family, private functions, guests and royalty including Princess Ann, Prince Charles and Lady Diana. His Excellency wrote Sarah a personal reference which assisted her in acquiring a work Visa to travel to Australia in August of 1989. She fell in love with Australia and its culture and has made it home.
- Head Chef Orpheus Island 1989
- RACV Club chef de Partie 15 floor 1992-1995
- Crown Casino Sous chef 1995-1997
- Melbourne Business school Executive chef 1997-2000
- Sanctuary Lakes Resort Executive chef 2000-2005
- Commonwealth Games Kitchen team 2005-2006
- Melbourne Government Apprentice placement program 2007
- Copperfield college Teaching Vet Hospitality 2008-2010
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
- Currently undertaking Diploma of Technology Education at La Trobe University