Place of employment
Mark Normoyle Consulting
2009 - 2011
Beginning his career with the Sheraton Hotel Groups where he was employed as a commis chef at the Ularu Ayers Rock resort, Mark was trained in food quality, and learnt the level of dedication and commitment required to succeed at the highest level, he was then promoted to Demi-Chef of Kunia Fine Dining, serving Modern Australian cuisine. To further his experience Mark was transferred to the prestigious Sheraton Mirage Hotel Gold Coast. A five star property located in the heart of Gold coast, honing his skills in fine dining, café bistro and banqueting. Upon Returning to Melbourne the food capital of Australia, Mark was employed at the Hotel Sofitel Melbourne, under the guidance of Chef Raymond Capaldi.
At the Sofitel he worked in Café la on 34th, Klicks and Babalu, Mark achieved his goal of becoming a Sous Chef which gave him a taste of running his own kitchen and setting a benchmark of excellence. Mark became Chef De Cuisine at the “Australian Club” Australia’s most exclusive private club, specialising in contemporary French cuisine, focusing on traditional techniques with a modern touch.
With the opening of RACV City Club under way Mark enthusiastically accepted the position for Executive Chef at the RACV City Club. Mark was brought on board to lead the kitchen team and be at the forefront of 501 Bourke street facility opening.
Marks Career highlights
- 2015 Melbourne Iron chef event with Kobe, Sakai & Chen 2015
- Kochi Yuzu of japan brand ambassador 2015
- Host guest chef for Alzheimer’s Australia “A night to remember” 2014
- Park Royal Hotel Penang, Guest chef 2014 Food tour host to Northern India 2013
- Charity gala dinner at Jakarta Convention centre 2013 Japan food tour host 2013
- Tokyo Disney land guest chef event 2011
- Les Toques blanches President Victoria 2011
- Iron chef event with chefs Sakai and Chen 2012
- Product development Vietnam seafood 2012
- Rotary Club of KL guest chef event 2012
- Guest chef Tokyo Australia produce showcase dinner 2008
- Food tour host Vietnam and Cambodia
- William Angliss great chef program, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Box Hill Tafe.
- Industry Guest Chef 2010 Wangaratta GOTAFE.
- Industry guest chef 2012
International training experience
- Dubai- Burj ala rab
- Thailand- Intercontinental Bangkok
- Malyasia-Sunnway Lagoon resort
- Singapore-Stamford plaza hotel