Place of employment
Department of Treasury and Finance
I started my traineeship in Imperial hotel, the 1st 5 star hotel in India, than joined Oberoi groups of hotels and posted to Baghdad as a commis where my passion for food for European and Mediterranean cuisine lead me to learn French and Arabic languages. After working at al-Rasheed hotel for 2 years I was promoted to chef de parties, awarded employee of the year in 1984. In 1985 I joined Westminster hotel school, London where I did an advanced diploma in professional cookery worked at Ménage a Trois, Langan’s brasserie with chef Richard Shepherd and Gaveroche with Michael and Albert roux.
After successfully completing my course I started working in Royal Horse Guards Thistle Hotel in London as chef de partie Maura Sheraton Delhi offered the position of sous- chef where I worked for a year before Oberoi hotel Baghdad offered exec.sous-chef position. Next I moved to Sheraton hotel in Amman as an executive chef Jordon where I worked for several years and introduced la Chaine des Rotisseurs for the first time in Jordan before migrating to Australia in 1996. I started in Australia with a challenge of converting and setting up a 100 year old church hall into a fine dinning gourmet restaurant and a 250 seated function room.
I then worked in Rydges hotel and many specialties restaurants as an Executive chef. I presently work for the Department of Treasury and Finance as an Executive chef responsible for a 450 seated brasserie, all corporate parties for Premiere of Victoria, state parliament house, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Justice.
Achievements and Awards:
- Bachelor of Art Certificate in French language from Centre cultural
- Certificate in Arabic Language from Mustansiriya – University, Baghdad
- Certificate in Information processing Windows Environment Melbourne
- Certificate in First aid Level 2, Melbourne
- Diploma in Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition from Institute of Hotel Management, Pusa, New Delhi, India.
- Advanced Diploma in professional Cookery from Westminster College, Vincent square, London (England)
- Salon Culinaire, New Delhi 1989
- Silver Medal in hot entrée Gold medal in five course meal team competition
- Silver in individual cold platter for four people.
- 1989 Indian Culinary Association (New Delhi)
- 1994 International Federation Cuisinier exclusive D’Europe (Germany) Jordan Chapter. Verband Der Koche Osterreichs (Austria)
- 1995 Chaine Des Rôtisseurs (Jordan Chapter)
- 1998 Les Toques Blanches (Victorian Chapter)
- 2006 Chaine Des Rôtisseurs (Victorian Chapter)