Place of employment
William Angliss Institute
Aurélie was born in 1979 in the small picturesque village of Moudon in Switzerland. She developed her love of food at a very early age, her beloved grandfather, a renowned Master at his trade and hospitality trainer at Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, and Aurélie’s father, a dedicated chef who together have owned quality restaurants in Switzerland.
It was hard to escape such a passion for food.
Aurélie grew up sampling some of best foods and fresh seasonal produce, sourced from Gourmet regions across Europe. “ Mmmmmmmmm” she said at 6 months of age when her grand-papa gave her a teaspoon of caviar! And so a deep passion was ignited!
At a young age, she worked by her father’s side in his restaurant as a kitchen hand where she developed a passion for food and especially, patisserie, pastries and cakes, there was always a spectacular birthday dessert gateaux being made for family and friends.
Aurélie migrated to Australia at the age of 17 not knowing any English language and soon picked up the language including our typical Aussie slang.
After completing her apprenticeship at Bohemia Cakes, a European patisserie, Aurélie moved into many different aspects of the industry to gain a deeper understanding of her chosen trade showcasing a wide range of skills learnt and gained and shared.
These days you will find Aurélie enjoying having the opportunity to share her experience in the Hospitality trade, knowledge and skills gained with her students at William Angliss Institute, Melbourne.
- 2009 – 2015 Patisserie Instructor at William Angliss Institute
- 2008 – 2008 Patisserie Instructor at Chisholm Institute of TAFE
- 2007 – 2008 Sous-chef / Patisserie Instructor at Meridian International Hotel School
- 2005 – 2010 Patisserie chef and Larder Chef at Café Blah Blah
- 2004 – 2005 Patisserie Chef at the Winsor Hotel
- 2003 – 2004 Patisserie Chef at Laurent Patisserie
- 1999 – 2003 Pastry cook apprenticeship at Bohemia Cakes
- 2015 – Master in Education with Victoria University
- 2011 – Certificate IV in Training and assessment TAE40110 (RPL) with William Angliss Institute
- 2010 – Certificate IV in Patisserie SIT40707 (RPL) with William Angliss Institute of TAFE
- 2010 – Diploma in VET training with NMIT
- 2008 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAA40104 with Vitreous
- 1999 – 2002 Certificate III in Pastry cooking (Apprenticeship) with William Angliss Institute of TAFE
- June 2011 – Awarded 1 st place
- National Gold Medalist for the Best French Croissant in the 5th Australian Artisan Baking and Pastry Cup 2011.