Place of employment
Geelong Football Club
General Manager Food and Beverage
At 15 Andre commenced an apprenticeship in commercial cookery at a culinary academy in the South West of France. Following this, Andre worked in various restaurants and hotels around France, his last placement in France with Mr Seguin, a Patisserie which won many awards. In 1990 Andre worked as a Commis Chef at the French Horn Hotel, Sunning on Thames in England, which was run by Paul Bocuse, and well known Chef de Cuisine Renee Emin.
He then moved to Belgium where he gained valuable experience at the Gourmandine Restaurant (1 Michelin Star) as a Chef de Partie in Charge of the Pastry section. After two years, Andre moved to Switzerland and worked as a Sous Chef in a 5 star Hotel, before moving to the Sheraton Melbourne in 1998. This is where Andre worked as an Executive Sous Chef and was responsible for 55 chefs for three years.
André was 29 when he was given his first Executive Chef position at the Four Points by Sheraton, Geelong. Three years later, André was offered a transfer to the Sheraton Tahiti, French Polynesia, where he was promoted to Executive Chef – Director of Food and Beverage.
In late 2005, André returned to Australia to join the team at Crown Melbourne, where he was appointed Culinary Trainer. André teaches 60-plus apprentices a week, and trains students for prestigious culinary competitions.
In 2008 André was elevated to the position of Manager Crown, Melbourne.
In 2012, André joined the newly opened RACV Resort Torquay as Food and Beverage Manager.
In May 2017, the Geelong Cats officially unveiled the Charles Brownlow Stand, coincidental upon André taking up the position of General Manager Food and Beverage, Geelong Football Club.
- 2007 – Crown Food and Beverage – Winner Professional Development Restaurant and Catering Victoria Awards for Excellence
- 2005 – Creator and President of the Chefs Association, Tahiti, French Polynesia – Poly Chef
- 2000 – Finalist Best Restaurant Award MasterCard
- 2000 – Winner Best Restaurant, Australian Hotels Association
- 1999 – Winner Watson Philip Millennium Calendar Competition
- 1999 – Fish cookbook – Granite City Fish
- 1998 – Represented Scotland at the Cooking Exhibition, France; awarded 2nd prize at the National Competition, Scotland
- 1997 – Awarded 5th prize at the National Competition, Scotland
- 1990 – Awarded 6th prize at the National Competition, France
- 1990 – Awarded 1st prize at the National Competition, France
- 2007 – Awarded Crown Trainer of the Year
- 2008 – Awarded Crown Manager of the Year
- 2013 – Awarded RACV Manager of the Year