Place of employment
William Angliss Institute
Professional Cookery Teacher
Born in Steinsfurt near Heidelberg in Germany. At the age of 16 Ehrenfried commenced an apprenticeship in commercial cookery at a Restaurant in Heidelberg and due to closure, completed it in Bad Rippoldsau in the Black Forrest. Following his apprenticeship he worked in various well known restaurants and hotels around Germany his last was the Moenchs Post Hotel in Bad Herrenalp which had a one star Michelin rating. In 1980 Ehrenfried went to work in Switzerland as chef de partie to the Hotel San Gian in the Ski Resort of St. Moritz, the hotel was part of a chain hotel and was transferred to work in Gstaad and the Palace Hotel in Corfu in the Greek Islands.
Meeting some English speaking People, Ehrenfried was inspired of the language and joint Hilton International in the pre opening of the Gatwick Hilton, after 2 years he was transferred as Sous Chef to Abu Dhabi and then to the Melbourne Hilton. In 1990 he went as executive Sous Chef to open the Hilton in Kuching Malaysia with a brigade of 85 cooks.
His next role upon returning to Australia in 1993 was as Executive Chef at Savoy Hotel in Melbourne, after many years at the Savoy he needed a career change joining William Angliss Institute of TAFE as professional cookery teacher and obtained a Diploma in VET. As part of the Culinary Art Team at the Institute he teaches third year apprentices and gives a lot of time to training students on culinary cooking competitions.
His Academic Achievements include:
- Landesberufachschule fuer das Hotel and Gaststattengewerbe Bad Ueberkingen Honours.
- Supervisory Management Course from Hilton International.
- Certificate in Workplace Training and Assessment.
- Diploma in Vocational Education and Training.
During an illustrious 30 year career, Ehrenfried has been involved with:
- Competing in many Culinary Competition overseas and in Australia
- Winning with Kuching Hilton the prestigious Maurice Raymond Award
- Judging many cooking competitions including Darrel Cox and Salon Culinaires
- Member of Shared Chefs Table MLA
- Member of Les Toques Blanches Victoria